Friday, August 19, 2011

Groceries and The Weather

Rantoul, IL.

68 deg. hazy, no wind.


Forecast = Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.


Not much to report on except that Jim and Linda did go to the grocery store yesterday morning. There weren't as many groceries as I thought there would be, so they didn't have any problems getting them put away in my cabinets and fridge.

It's getting hot here in Illinois again. The temperatures have been moving back up towards 90 degrees during the days and the night time temps have been getting warmer also. Along with the higher temps, the humidity has been rising too.

I really don't know how it works, but even with the higher humidity, we haven't had any rain and the .8 of an inch we got awhile back has long evaporated. The grass is very dry and brown, there are big cracks in the dirt, the trees are looking wilted, the corn leaves in the fields are all curled up and I understand that some of the other crops are not doing too well either. : (


I don't think there's any big plans for today. From my basement, Jim brought up a box that has pictures in it. They are the ones that Jim and Linda want to hang on my walls, so maybe they'll put them up today. I also need a little cleaning inside of me so that's another project they can do.

I'm sure they'll find something to keep them busy. ; )

Did you know that today is "Black Cow" Root Beer Float Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment