Friday, September 28, 2012

KY, TN, NC and The Creekwood Farm RV Park

Waynesville, NC

52 deg. foggy, no wind.

Forecast = Day: Mostly sunny this morning...Then becoming mostly cloudy. Patchy fog this morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Visibility one quarter mile or less at Times this morning. Highs around 70. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

We left Berea, KY right at 9:30 and continued heading South on I-75. When we got into Tennessee, Jim pulled me into a Pilot Truck Stop and bought me another drink of that good old #2 diesel fuel. After my drink, we continued South on 75, down to Knoxville, where we turned East on I-640. 640 took us around the North side of the city and brought us out on I-40, heading East. Following 40 then brought us down into North Carolina and to the Creekwood Farm RV Park.

It was 1:40 when we pulled into the CG so it had taken us 4 hours and 10 minutes to travel 219 miles and stop for my drink.

The Creekwood Farm RV Park is a nice park. The 2 ladies in the office were supper nice and one of them led me to my site with a golf cart. The park is very well maintained, the gravel roads are in very good condition and it's a Passport America Park, so I'm staying here for for only $18 a night. : )

But,  ,  ,  ,  , who ever laid out this park, was not an RVer.  Almost all the sites are at a right angle to the road, the gravel parking area is very narrow, so you must drive across the grass to get into the site, and there are also utilities at some of the sites that are positioned so that you can't make the swing into the site.

Jim got me into site #80, which is a pull-through site, without unhooking CLT from the back of me, but I really don't see how I'm going to get out of this site without having to back up and jockey around a post on my side of the street and a sign on the other side. : (

It wasn't long after Jim had me hooked up to the utilities the phone rang. It was Roland and Louise, and they were wondering when we would be getting to their house. Linda talked to Louise first, and then Jim talked to Roland and went over the best way to get to their house.

Roland said that it should take us somewhere between 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to their house from here, so if we leave about 10:00, we should get there around noon, which is a good time for them.

I'm really looking forward to going to Roland and Louise's house to see Big Herb again. He's probably lonesome and down in the dumps because he's been sitting in his RV port almost all summer and hasn't been out on the road hardly at all. : ( 

We'll be staying there for 4 or 5 days, so maybe I can raise his spirits a little.

Did you know that today is "Ask a Stupid Question Day"?

Hmmmmm!!! That shouldn't be too hard!!! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment