Monday, December 10, 2012

Linda Goes To Jacksonville and Electrical Research

DeBary, FL.

59 deg. light fog, no wind.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 88F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Hasn't been a whole lot happening around here lately. Linda has been working on getting the presents ready to send. She had quite a bit more sewing to do than I had thought, but is finally finished with that and has been busy wrapping them up. That is, except yesterday!!

So, "what did she do yesterday", you ask?

Well, after lunch, Laura came by and picked her up and they they drove up to Jacksonville to see Anna!! : )  You see, Laura needed to go up there to take some papers and new license plates to Anna, so she asked Linda if she wanted to ride along. Needless to say, Linda jumped at the chance to see Anna and her apartment.

And besides that, Linda got to ride in Laura's new car!!!!

The trip up there went well, and after visiting for a little while, the 3 of them decided to go to a movie. (I think it was that new Hobbit movie). Then after the movie, they headed to a Pizza place called Al's, where they had a very good pizza and talked some more. Then after taking Anna back to her apartment, Laura and Linda headed back here.

It was about 9:00 when they got back here, so it was a long day, but Linda had a great time. ; )

While Linda was gone, Jim did a little research of my 120 vote electrical system. You see, he's been trying to figure out which outlets are on which circuit breakers. The breakers are vaguely marked and the only real way to find out which breaker controlled which outlet was to shut each individual breaker off and then go around and find the outlets didn't have power.

Well, I suppose that they had a reason to wire the outlets like they did, but many of the outlets that Jim and Linda use the most and have the heaviest loads on them, were all on the same 20 amp breaker, and they're not even in the same area inside of me!!!! So, some of the things that were plugged into those outlets were moved to different ones that are on a different circuit.

Jim says that he's amazed that they weren't tripping that breaker with all the things that were running off of it!!!

Oh, and Jim also found out that every outlet inside of me is hooked up to my inverter. That means that if the power goes off, anything plugged into me will operate off of my batteries. This is a good thing except if a heavy load like a space heater is plugged in, it will drain the power out of my batteries pretty fast.

Jim also took a photo of my little Christmas tree. It's not the best photo in the world, but you can see how it sits on my dash. I also have some wreaths and bows in different places inside of me, so I look pretty festive. :  )

Did you know that on this date in 1817 - Mississippi was admitted to the Union as the 20th American state?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment