Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Looking Festive

DeBary, FL.

54 deg light fog, no wind.

Forecast = Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 79F. Winds from the North at 10 to 15 mph shifting to the South in the afternoon.

Laura has been very busy lately so she hasn't had time to come over to help decorate the inside of me, but Jim dug out the outside decorations and now has me looking festive. ; )

Also, if you look real close, you may be able to see the Christmas tree on the passengers side of my dash. There's no lights or decorations on it yet, but it's secured in place.


In my last post, I talked about the people here in the park decorating the little "island" in the road. Well, Jim took some photos of some of the decorations so I thought I'd post a few here.



I'm hoping that Jim will go out one of these nights and try to get a few photos of these decorations when they're lit up. If he does, I'll post a few of them.

Not a whole lot going on around here. Except for presents for each other, Jim and Linda have all the Christmas shopping done. Linda has been very busy doing some embroidery work on some of the presents, sewing on some of the others and then wrapping them when she's finished.  And, she and Jim have also ordered a few presents on line and had them shipped directly to the recipients.  (This is the first year that they've done that).

Jim's been riding his bike some, talking to the neighbors and helping Linda when he can.

Did you know that on this date in  1918 - U.S. President Woodrow Wilson set sail for France to attend the Versailles Peace Conference? Wilson became the first chief executive to travel to Europe while in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment