Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rantoul to Mahomet, Repairs, and A Talk With Myrddin

Mahomet, IL.
62 deg. overcast

Forecast = Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.


After a slight delay, we left Prairie Pines CG yesterday morning and headed to R &S here in Mahomet. The delay was that Jim had to add some water to my radiator because of the Aqua Hot leak the other day. Then, there was one of my warning beepers going off after he started my engine and he couldn't figure out what was causing it.

I had no way of telling him that sometimes you just have to put me in drive and move me a few feet and the air system  beeper will stop, so we waited until he could call R & S and they told him about this little quirk.

It was 8:05 when we left the CG and after traveling 23 miles it was 8:45 when we pulled into the R & S parking lot.

When Justin went to pull me into the shop there was a problem with my starter, so along with the other things, that had to be looked at also.

Now, I'm sitting inside of the shop and waiting on parts. My Aqua Hot is repaired, (just a hose), the dump valve is replaced and so is the black water flush fitting. I'm waiting on my starter, (which is being rebuilt), and a part for my awning.

I don't know how long I'll be here. It could be as much as a couple days, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and I talked to Myrddin for awhile today, and he said not to worry because Jim and Linda were very understanding about RVs and understood that there would be some problems at first. He said that he had all kinds of problems when they first bought him.

And another thing, you ought to see Myrddin!! He all cleaned up and really looking spiffy!! : ) He said that they've been working on him for  a few days now.

I don't think he'll have any trouble finding a new owner. ; )

Did you know that Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that the new MH is not getting you too frustrated. Good thing that you are still close to get repairs done.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment