Sunday, October 2, 2011

Barb and Sarah Come For A Visit and What To Do?

Williston, FL.

52 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s near the coast and around 80 inland. Northwest winds around 10 mph.


Jim and Linda did a little cleaning inside of me to make me presentable for the company that was coming. I wasn't real dirty / dusty inside, but I hadn't been cleaned up for awhile.

Barb, and her friend, Sarah, came about 12:30 and after showing them around, everyone sat down and had some of the casserole that Linda put together for lunch. The casserole along with some Hawaiian rolls seemed to go over well with everyone. : )

After eating and talking for awhile, everyone went outside and sat on the patio because it was so nice out. You see, we had a cold front go through here Friday night, and it reduced the humidity and cooled everything down a lot. In fact yesterday's highs were in the middle 80's instead of the 90's and the humidity was down to around 35 or 40%.

I don't know what I'm going to do with Jim!! Again, he neglected to take any pictures so I don't have any to post here today.  : (  Evidently the 20 lashes with the wet noodle didn't do any good, so I guess I'll have to find some other way to make him remember to get out that camera and use it!!!

Anyone have any good ideas?

After hugs, Barb and Sarah left around 3:30. After a little while Jim took a nap while Linda worked on her embroidery project. The evening was spent watching TV and doing stuff on the computers.

I'm sure glad that I got to meet Barb and her friend Sarah. They're both really nice and I think they liked me too. Maybe I'll get to see them again sometime. : )

Did you know that  A1 Steak Sauce is said to have been created sometime in the late 1820s by Henderson William Brand, the Chef to England's King George IV? The king was so pleased with the new sauce, he proclaimed it ‘A number 1’ - or ‘A1’ for short.

1 comment:

  1. Tie it to a cord and hang it around his neck. Pa forgets his all the time too.
    Big Herb

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment