Monday, October 10, 2011

One Week and Lots Of Rain

Lakeland, FL.

68 deg. overcast, S. wind @ 5 mph.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy with numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent

We have had way more rain over the weekend that was needed. Saturday morning was OK but windy and then in the afternoon it started raining quite hard and didn't quit until about the middle of the afternoon yesterday. There was water standing everywhere and there was quite a bit of flooding in the area.

Well, it's been one week since we've arrived here. I'm hoping that it won't be another full week before I get out of here and get back on the road. Oh, it's not bad here but it sure isn't like being in an RV park.

I finally got one of the pictures that Jim took to load. I have a really slow connection and it took forever, but I finally got it.

This is the parking area around behind the shop. There are big doors going into the shop between the first and second RVs and another one just to my right side. All of us RVs are hooked up to electric and there are a couple water faucets on the side of the building where we can hook up to fill our tanks. In order to dump though, we have to be moved around to the other side of this building where it's possible to dump into the buildings sewer system if necessary.

I don't know exactly what still needs to be done to me. I know there's a few small items and my rebuilt alternator needs to be re-installed. Jim is having the guys here install the SMI braking system on me and CLT, so that still needs to be done. But, I don't think that there's really any more big items that need to be looked at.

Maybe I can get out of here in a few days. : )
Did you know that Columbus Day first became an official state holiday in Colorado in 1906, and became a federal holiday in 1937?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment