Friday, August 10, 2012

Been Doing Some Calculating

Rantoul, IL.

62 deg. overcast, NW wind @ 14 mph.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.


Yesterday, I said that I'd be traveling quite a few more miles yet this year. Well, that got me thinking about how much and where I've traveled since Jim and Linda purchased me here in Illinois last summer.

So, I've done come calculating!!!

By my count, in the last 13 months, we've been to 26 states, (9 of them twice), and traveled 11,313 miles!!!!!


Wow!!!! No wonder I'm enjoying these couple months of relaxing here in Rantoul!!!!

Not a whole lot to report for yesterday. Jim must have felt ambitious because he went through some shelves in my bedroom closet and threw some stuff away. Then he reorganized the rest of it to make more room. A little later, he went outside and completely emptied one of my basement compartments and repacked it, incorporating some items that CLT had in the back of him.

Linda finished up her latest embroidery project and  worked on her Family Tree program. Then for dinner she put together a nice meal of meatloaf, sweet corn and potato salad.

Around dinner time we had some light showers come through the area. I understand that there was some severe weather near here, with some damage, but all we had was a little rain and some distant thunder.

Did you know that today is "National S'mores Day"?




3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of miles! I have a feeling that it won't be quite as much next year but ya never know what Jim and Linda might want to do. :-)
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some white spots that need filling in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That's a lot of states, and a lot of miles. Time to kick back and relax in one of your favorite spots for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment