Sunday, August 5, 2012

Finally, Some Rain!!

Rantoul, IL.

70 deg. partly cloudy, NW wind @ 9 mph.

Forecast = Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 86F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.


We finally got some measurable rain last night!!! I don't know exactly how much we had, but I'm thinking it must have been around 1/2" or so. I know that 's not a lot as far as the drought is concerned, but it's got to help.

Not much happening around here. It's been so hot that hardly anyone has been out and about. Linda has been doing some bookwork, working on her family tree program and has gotten out an embroidery project that she needs to get finished before we we leave here.

Jim did a little cleaning inside of me early yesterday morning and then went to the Post Office and picked up the mail.

The rest of the day was spent watching the Olympic Games on TV.

Oh, and I almost forgot, they took CLT and went to the China Express Restaurant for dinner yesterday. They both had the buffet and both said that they thought the food was very good. : )

Again, no plans for today, but I expect that Jim will be outside more because of the cooler weather, and of course I'm sure he and Linda will both be watching the Olympics on TV.

Did you know that the first Games to include competitors from all five continents was in 1912?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment