Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another Change Of Plans and Results Of Flood

South Range, WI.

56 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Partly cloudy. High of 82F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 20%.


I just knew something was up when I heard Jim and Linda talking about campgrounds. Jim was talking about how friendly the folks here at this park seem to be and how nice it is to have full hook-ups, 50 amp electric, decent TV on my antenna, Wi-Fi and a nice level site, and Linda was asking what kind of hook-ups and features Jim thought I would have at our next scheduled stop, (where we would be staying for a week and over the 4th of July Holiday).

Well, at the CG that we would be going to my site would only have 30 amp electric and water hook-ups. There is no Wi-Fi and it's unknown if the air card would work to get on the Internet becasue the CG is well off the beaten path. Also, being that we would be quite far from any major city, it would be a good chance that there would not be any TV either. : (

So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  , Jim headed over to the office to ask Cindy if she would have a site for me for a total of 10 days, (including the 3 nights he already paid for).

Well, Cindy looked at her books, shuffled a few RVs to different sites and told Jim that I could stay for the entire 10 days, and in the same site I'm in right now!!!! : ) 

Jim paid her for the additional week, (at a weekly rate that we wouldn't have gotten at the other CG), so now we'll be staying right here until the 5th of July.

Since this post is turning out to be mostly about this park, I thought I'd post a few photos of the park.


The Office / swimming pool

Looking down the row of sites.

                                  


Do you remember me telling you about the floods in this area? Well, I thought I'd show you some of the results of the flooding. These photos are from WI route 13 just 2 miles past this campground.

The road is closed and this is why.

There used to be a culvert running under the road right here, but there was too much water for it to handle, so the water washed out the road and deposited the culvert in the woods.

This kind of thing is common throughout this area. there are many roads closed and many detours to get you around the closed roads.

There's also many people in this area who have lost everything because their houses were, or still are flooded with water, (sometimes sewage water that came up through the toilets and drains in the houses).

It's going to take quite awhile for this area to recover, but the hope is that they can get some assistance to help.

Did you know that as of June 17th I have been with Jim and Linda for 1 year?

Wow!!!! I didn't realize that a whole year had passed already!!!!! Time flies when you're having fun!!! ; )


a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment