Saturday, June 23, 2012

Good Smells, Visitors and A Few CG Photos

Bemidji, MN.

54 deg. rain, no wind.

Forecast = Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 73F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.


Early yesterday morning, Linda got up and put together a crock pot meal to have for dinner. It consisted of a roast, potatoes, onions, carrots and some salt and pepper.

Then, after getting that done, she went back to bed for awhile. ; )

Then, after awhile, great smells from the crock pot started filling the inside of me and just kept getting better as the day went on.  Then, after she got back up, she made a black cherry cream pie to have for desert.

Of course all of this was done in anticipation of Bruce and Jody coming for dinner. : )

Meanwhile, Jim was working on the computer, watching TV and doing some cleaning inside of me.

It was a little after 5:00 when Bruce and Jody arrived. The first thing that Jim did was to give them the "tour" of the outside of me, showing them my storage bays, engine and other outside features. Then they all came inside where Jim and Linda continued the "tour".

Overall, I think that they really liked me and had some very nice comments about me. : ) 

After the tour, everyone sat down and visited for awhile. Then, Linda got the food out of the crock pot and everyone sat down and had a very nice meal, which I think everyone enjoyed. After eating they talked and played a new type scrabble game for while until it was time for them to head home.

I really enjoyed meeting Bruce and Jody and am looking forward to seeing them again sometime in the future.

Today, they're having a thing called the "Lady Slipper Celebration" in Blackduck where local crafts people set up booths and display and sell their items. Bruce and Jody have a booth where they will sell some wood burning craft items,  so they'll be there this afternoon.

It's still undecided of Jim and Linda will be going to that, but they are going to go to their house for dinner later.

Oh, here's some more photos of the park here in Bemidji that Jim took the other day. I thought I'd better get them posted before I forgot.

This first one is of the loop that I'm in. As you can see, there's quite a few trees, but there are open sites for the folks that have satellite TV.


The sites are fairly wide, there's nice grass and in some cases, a few trees in between sites.

I think just about every site has a picnic table which is nice.

Well, I guess that's about it for today. I had a great time meeting Bruce and Jody, and I'm sure glad they like me. I hope I'll get to see them again before we leave here on Monday.

A Point to Ponder :  Why is it that when a person tells you that there are over a million stars in the universe you believe them, but if someone tells you there's wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the crock pot meals. Also, lovin' a site with satellite clearance.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment