Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Old Town to Bonifay and Visiting With Friends

Bonifay, FL.

55 deg. overcast, N. wind @ 5 mph.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs around 70. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
_____________

It was 10:15 by the time we pulled out of the Old Town CG yesterday morning. Once back to US 19, we headed North and followed it up to Perry FL. where Jim pulled me into a Truck stop and bought me a nice big drink of #2 diesel fuel.

From there, we continued North on 19 up to I-10 where we turned West. I-10 took us through Tallahassee and to Exit 112 where we turned North on Rt.79. From there it was only about 2 blocks to the Florida Springs RV Resort and CG.

The sign in the photo above is what you see as you're entering the park.

This photo is of the "swimming pond" that you see as you enter the park.

We pulled up to the CG office at 10 minutes after 2:00 so it took us just 5 minutes under 4 hours to travel 201 miles, stop for my drink of diesel and make a pit stop along I-10.

Not too bad. ; )

Oh, and before I forget, we crossed into the Central Time Zone on our way here, so we arrived here 1:10 central time.

While Jim was in the office registering me, Randy and Terry (Jim and Linda's Friends that we came here to see), came over from their RV to say "Hi" and give Jim and Linda hugs and handshakes.

Randy and Terry are work-camping here at this park and since it's on our way out West, Jim and Linda thought it would be a good idea to stop by to see them.

Anyway, after getting me registered, Randy led me to my site which is just 2 sites from their 5th wheel trailer.

As you can see by the photo above, my site is plenty long, but not real level. In fact most of the sites here are not very level, but there are plans to do some major work on the sites to remedy that problem. There are also some other minor issues with this park, but Alicia and Andy are working on them, and if they keep on working on it, like they have for the last 3 years that they've owned it, it could be really nice.

In the meantime, it's a good place for an overnight stay (at Passport America rates) The sites are full hook-up, there's free cable and wi-fi and you won't find friendlier owners and camp hosts.

After I was set up and Jim had taken a little nap, Randy and Terry came over to see me and to visit for awhile.

When you think about it, it's really kind of strange, but Jim and Linda did not really know Randy and Terry very well. In fact they had only met them once before when they stopped by the SKP park in Alabama a few years ago. But, Jim always reads their blog and they read mine, (and Myrddin's before me), and feel like they really know each other.

So, when they sat down to visit, it was just like they had just seen each other and picked up right where they left off. : )

We'll stay here one more day before continuing our wanderings. If I heard right, there are plans to go out to eat tonight with Randy and Terry.

Did you know that Bonifay, FL. was named after Frank Bonifay who was a prominent citizen of Pensacola who owned a brick making factory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment