Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Few Pictures and A Little Of This And That

Troy, AL.

64 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Patchy fog early in the morning. Thunderstorms likely. Highs in the upper 80s. Northwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.


Well, Jim finally got out his camera and took a few pictures. This first one is of me in my site here at the Deer Run RV Park. As you can see, I'm parked on a cement pad which is plenty long for me, and is level enough that I actually wouldn't need my levelers. : )

This second picture shows the sites from 2 roads in front of me. The only drawback of this park is that the sites are kind of close together and if the park was full, it could feel a little crowded.

This picture shows the other section of the park as viewed from close to my site and across the small lake.

Like I said yesterday, this is a very nice park and could be a good place for a longer stay.

Jim and Linda went to a Food World Grocery Store in Troy yesterday. From what I understand it's a really nice store and quite large. They didn't buy much though cause they only needed things like bread, milk and a few other small items. After they came back here, Jim took and nap and Linda entered some more information on her family tree program. Then, because it was quite hot Jim fooled around with trip plans on this laptop computer.

For dinner, Linda heated up a bunch of left-overs. Jim had some roast beef and green beans and Linda had chicken fried steak and noodles.

Today, we'll continue heading towards Florida. I don't know which route we'll be taking, Jim has been working on 2 different routes. One is to continue down into the panhandle of FL on 231 and the other is to cut over into Georgia before heading down into FL.

I guess it really doesn't matter which way we go, we've got plenty of time. ; )

Did you know that the word Alabama means tribal town in the Creek Indian language?

1 comment:

  1. Nice park. I know the internet connections can come and go so I wasn't too worried but I'm glad that you posted again. Travel safely.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment