Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cooler Weather and Company Coming

Rantoul, IL.

68 deg. clear, NW wind @ 8 mph.

Forecast = Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.


Had a cold front go through this area yesterday evening. It got quite windy for a short time and there was some lightning, thunder and rain, but none of it heavy. I'll have to wait until Jim looks at his rain gauge this morning, but I'd be surprised if we had even a 1/2 inch of rain.

For most of yesterday it was quite hot again, with temperatures in the mid 90's, so except for a short time in the morning, hardly anyone was out and about. Jim spent most of the day fiddling around with the computer and watching TV while Linda worked on an embroidery project and watched TV.

This next week is fore casted to be much cooler with highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's, so it should be really nice when the "Illinois Bunch" starts coming in on Wednesday. ; )  They'll be here until next Sunday and it's supposed to be cooler the whole time.

I don't think there's any real plans for today or tomorrow. I know that Jim needs to dump my tanks soon and he'll probably be cooking something on the grill. More folks will be out and about here at the CG so I'll be watching them. Then tomorrow, I'll get to watch all of the RVers pack up and head back home.

Oh, I just remembered, Judy, who is one of my faithful followers and who Jim and Linda met up with when we were in Sioux Falls, SD in July, may stop by for a visit next Monday! She'll be passing through this area on her way to Rend Lake in Southern Illinois and she made a comment on yesterday's blog saying that she may stop. Jim e-mailed her and it sounds like I'm going to get to meet her. ; )

Wow!!! I've got all kinds of company coming!!!! ; )

Did you know that by 1893, more than half the states were observing a "Labor Day" on one day or another?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment