Thursday, September 8, 2011

2/3 Of The "Illinois Bunch" Arrive

Rantoul, IL.

55 deg. clear, N. wind @ 12 mph.

Forecast = Partly sunny in the morning...then cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph.

Jim and Linda spent some of the morning cleaning and straightening up the inside of me yesterday, cause they wanted me to look nice when the "Illinois Bunch" got here. I wasn't too dusty or messy, so it didn't take them long. : )

It was early afternoon, when I saw a Holiday Rambler MH pull into the CG and then heard Jim tell Linda that Gordy and Dorthy were here. Then, Jim grabbed his hat and went out to greet them. After Louise led them around and into their site, he stayed over there to make sure they got into their site OK, help unhook their toad and get set up.

While Jim and Gordy were getting the MH set up, Dorthy walked over here to see me and Linda. : )

About the time they were finished setting up the MH, a truck pulling a big 5th wheel pulled into the park and I saw Jim walk over and greet them. I later found out that this was Dave and Dee Dee. Jim walked over to the office with Dave and then after he was checked in, Jim went over to a site next to Gordy's and waited for Dave to drive around to the other street where Louise met them a led them into the site.

While Jim was talking to Dave and watching him get the 5th wheel set up, Dee Dee walked over to see me too. ; )

Linda gave both Dorthy and Dee Dee the "tour" and I think they both liked me, cause they both made some very nice comments. : )

After Dave had the 5th wheel pretty much set up, Jim came back here and took a little nap. Then, about 4:00 Dave came over to see me and Linda. After he got the "tour", he and Jim walked back over to Gordy's MH for "Happy Hour".

So, 2/3 of the "Illinois Bunch" are here. We still haven't heard anything from Denny and Bev, so everyone is hoping that they'll be coming today. I understand that even if they can come, it'll probably be later in the day by the time they get here.

I sure hope they can come.

Did you know that it was on this day in 1900, a Category 4 hurricane riped through Galveston, Texas  killing an estimated 6,000 to 8,000 people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment