Monday, September 26, 2011

Still In Alabama

Troy, AL.

70 deg. flog, no wind.

Forecast = Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

We left the CG near Cullman right at 10:00 again yesterday morning. Once we were back to the the Interstate junction, Jim pulled me into a gas station and bought me a nice drink of diesel fuel. After my drink, we got back on the Interstate and continued heading South.

When we got down to Birmingham, the traffic picked up and we had a lot of construction zones. The traffic moved well though, and we didn't have any serious delays. When we got down to Montgomery, the traffic picked up again, but it wasn't as heavy as in Birmingham and we didn't have the construction.

In Montgomery, we turned East on I-85 and followed it for 9 miles to Taylor Road. Turning South on Taylor and following it for a few miles brought us to US 231 where we turned SE and followed it for about 32 miles until we came to the Deer Run RV Park .

It was 1:30 when we pulled up to the office so it took us 3 1/2 hours to get my drink of diesel fuel and travel 182 miles.

This is a nice park that Jim and Linda had been to before. There are shaded and open sites and they have a couple small lakes that are kind of nice. The Owner was very friendly and led me to my site with her golf cart, and made sure that Jim knew to contact her if he had any questions or problems.

Jim signed me up for 2 nights.

I don't know how my posting from here will go. Last night I wasn't able to get on the Internet at all, but this morning there was no problem.

Did you know that the world's first Electric Trolley System was introduced in Montgomery in 1886?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment