Monday, September 26, 2011

Indiana To Alabama

Saturday, 9/24/2011 
Cullman, AL

48 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = high temp. 76 deg clear, light winds


We’re at the Cullman Campground here in Cullman, AL, and I can’t get on the Internet, so I’m writing this on a word processor and will paste it to my blog as soon as I can.

We left the Clarksville CG right at and got back on I-24 heading towards Nashville. In Nashville, we picked up I-65 and followed it down into Alabama and here to the Cullman Campground.

As we were slowly making our way along the narrow, hilly, twisty road going back to the CG, Jim remarked that this looked familiar. Once to the CG, Jim said, “We’ve been here before!!”  Come to find out, Jim and Linda’s records showed that indeed they had been here before and it was in August of 2008!

It was when we pulled up in front of the office so we had been on the road for 3 hours and 20 minutes and traveled 187 miles.

Anyway, this park is OK. It’s kind of small and if you come in with a 40’ or 45’ MH or large trailer, be ready to do some careful driving. We made it to site #70, with the nice lady from the CG leading me with her golf cart, but there were a few turns that I just barely made it around. : O 

Except that I don’t have an Internet signal, (there is supposed to be wi-fi in the park), I kind of like it here. It’s quiet, there are song birds singing, all the people that I’ve seen seem very friendly and the folks running the park are really nice.

In fact, Jim found some fire ant hills at this site so he went to the office and told the owners about them and in just a few minutes the man was here spraying them. Then, Jim mentioned it would be nice if we had a picnic table, so he went back, got his farm tractor and brought us a nice new looking table. : )

For dinner, Jim used the picnic table and his grill to cook some burgers and Linda put together some vegetables inside.


Sunday, September 25, 2011
Cullman, AL.

56 deg. mostly cloudy, no wind.

Forecast = mostly sunny, high temp. 87 deg. S. wind @ 5 to 10 mph.

Not a whole lot happened around here yesterday, just kind of a “kick back” day.

Jim checked the air pressure in my tires, dumped and flushed my tanks and added some water to my fresh water tank. Linda did a load of laundry, made some entries to her family tree program and worked on her current embroidery project.

For  dinner Jim and Linda took CLT and went to the Cracker Barrel over by the Interstate. When they got back, CLT told me that they also scouted out a couple gas stations to see if I could get in to get a drink of #2 diesel fuel. He said that they found one that should work. : )

Today the plan is to leave here and continue our wanderings towards the SE. Jim and Linda know of a nice CG down by Troy, AL., so I think we’ll be heading there.

I sure hope I can get on the Internet there so I can get this posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment