Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lots Of Ambition

DeBary, FL.

47 deg. scattered clouds, no wind.

Forecast = Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.


I don't know what got into Jim yesterday, but he sure had a lot of ambition.

In the morning, he went out and checked all my batteries. I have two 12 volt starting batteries and six 6 volt deep cycle coach batteries, and he checked the electrolyte level and filled all of them with distilled water. Then he got out the garden hose and some spray stuff and cleaned them.

Since he had all of the battery stuff out, he then did the same to CLT's battery.

After lunch, he opened my generator compartment, slid the generator out with its electric slide and checked the oil and water levels. Then before sliding it back in, he started it up and let it run for awhile.

Since the hose was still out, he got out the squeegee with the very long handle and cleaned off the front of me, (especially concentrating on my windshield).

Now, I suppose you're wondering why Jim was doing all of this. Well, believe it or not, we've already been here for almost 2 months, and in 6 more days, we'll be leaving. I've enjoyed being here, but to be honest, my tires are starting to itch and I'm ready to do some traveling!!

After taking a little nap, Jim went out and cooked some pork chops on the grill for dinner while Linda cooked some noodles and some corn inside on my stove. After dinner they both watched TV and read some before going to bed.

Today, I think Jim may check the air in my and CLT's tires. Yesterday, I heard him say something about doing it and it definitely needs to be done before we leave.

Did you know that lead-acid batteries were invented in 1859 by French physicist Gaston Plante' and are the oldest type of rechargeable battery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment