Saturday, January 28, 2012

Company, Getting Ready and A Cook-Out

Frostproof, FL.

53 deg. clear, SW wind @ 4 mph.

Forecast = Areas of fog early in the morning...then partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.


About 9:30 yesterday morning Roland brought his brother, Russ, over to see me. Russ was very interested in my inside amenities and asked Jim and Roland a lot of questions about me and RVs in general. After spending some time inside of me, Jim took Russ and Roland out and gave them the "tour" of all my outside features, including my basement compartments and engine.

It seemed that Russ liked me and I think that he might like to try RVing some day. ; )

After they left, Linda put in another load of laundry and Jim went outside to check my fluid levels and a few other items to make sure I was ready to go today. Then, after the laundry was done, he drained my black and gray tanks and put the sewer and water hoses away.

While he was doing all of that, Linda was busy inside of me baking a cake and making a cabbage salad to take over to Roland and Louise's for a cookout later in the day.

About 5:00 Jim and Linda took CLT and headed over to Roland's. Once there, Roland and Russ cooked burgers, brats and hot dogs on the grill while Louise, Doreen, Vicki and Linda got things ready inside.

After eating, they all sat around and talked for quite awhile.

It was fairly late by the time CLT brought Jim and Linda back here to the park, so when after they got back, they just watched a little TV and then went to bed.

Again, it was hard to say good-bye to very good friends. Jim and Linda have known Roland and Louise for about 11 years and have enjoyed each others company from the beginning.

Did you know that today is "National Kazoo Day"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment