Saturday, March 3, 2012

H.E.B, Home Depot and Getting Ready

Boerne, TX

48 deg. overcast, no wind.

Forecast = Clear. High of 61F. Winds from the NNE at 5-20 mph with gusts to 30 mph shifting to the WNW in the afternoon.
.

As soon as Linda was up and had her breakfast, she and Jim took CLT and headed out to get some groceries. Because of previous trips to and though Texas, they knew about and wanted to go to an H.E.B grocery store. In the past, they really liked the stores and weren't disappointed on this shopping trip.   : )

There's an H.E.B store here in Boerne, but construction crews have a portion of the parking lot closed off so finding a place to park is a nightmare. So,  ,  ,  ,  , they headed to another H.E B store about 8 miles East of here.

The shopping went well, and by a little after noon they were back here, carrying groceries inside of me and putting them away.

I don't think I told you, but the other day, an electric space heater that Jim and Linda use inside of me, (instead of my furnace when the weather isn't too cold), died. Jim had originally found the heater setting along side of a dumpster down in Florida about 5 years ago, and after some cleaning, it has worked well for all these years.

Anyway, it died the other morning and so after he relaxed a little, he took CLT and headed to Home Depot to see if they had any left. Well, they only had a few models left, but one of them was just what he was looking for, so he bought it and brought it back here.  

It's one of those tower heaters, (like the old one was), and it seems to be doing a fine job. It's 48 degrees outside right now and 73 degrees inside of me, and my furnace hasn't run all night. : )

Linda did a load of laundry yesterday afternoon and after the washer was done, Jim went out and drained my tanks and put away all my hoses. Then he checked my tires and fluid levels to make sure I'm ready to leave here this morning.

I don't think we'll be traveling very far today. West of here, the RV parks are kind of scarce, so it's either have a short travel day, or have a long travel day. Well, being that we're not in a hurry and Jim and Linda really don't like long travel days very much, the shorter one was chosen. ; )

Don't know if I'll have Internet at this next park so you may not hear from me for a day or so. But, don't worry, I'll get you caught up on my wanderings as soon as I can.  ; )

Did you know that "Texas" comes from the Hasinai Indian word tejas meaning friends or allies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment