Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Plymouth, WA.

54 deg. overcast, E. wind @ 6 mph.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy. High of 77F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 15 mph

Ahhhh!!!! It's good to be wandering again. : )  I didn't realize how stiff my joints were getting until we got out onto I-5 about 9:50 and headed South for a few miles before turning East on I-84. It seemed like the farther East we went the more I relaxed.

I was especially able to relax once we got out of the Portland metro area and the traffic started thinning out. Then, it was smooth sailing all the way to I-82, out by Boardman, OR. The only time I even slowed down was to pull into a rest area for Jim and Linda to make a "pit stop" ,check tires and CLT's tow bar.

Once on I-82 we crossed over the Umatilla and Columbia rivers and entered Washington.

About a mile or two after entering Washington, we tuned off of I-82 on Rt. 14 and followed it west for about a mile to Plymouth Road where we turned South until we came to the Plymouth Park, which is a Corps Of Engineers Park. It was 1:15 when we pulled up to the registration booth, so we traveled the 193 miles over here in 3 hours and 25 minutes.

Jim took a few photos of the CG and the surrounding area after we arrived. As you can see, some of the sites are pull-through. Some have full hook-ups with 30 amp electric, and a few, have 50 amp electric with only electric and water. I'm in site #3 which has 50 amp electric and water. (It's also one of the longest pull-through sites in the park.)


Looking at my site from across the road.

None of the sites are right on the river, but the photo below is a view from my site looking towards the river. You can see a small channel of the river through the trees.

This is a shot looking North from the park. As you can see, except right along the river, there are no trees on the low hills in this area. In fact, unless there's a water source there's not much vegetation at all in this area at all.

We'll stay here one more night before heading up to Sprague, WA. where Linda hopes to do some research of here relatives that used to live in that area long ago.

Did you know that the state of Washington is the only state to be named after a United States president?






1 comment:

  1. You are making me homesick now as you are getting close to a place that is near and dear to my heart....Coeur d'Alene/Spokane--you really need to stop and spend some time in that area -lots to see and do--- wish I was there to be your tour guide...be sure to take lots of pics....have fun in Sprague --been there many times -- Travel safe

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment