Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jeff Comes For A Visit and Dinner At County Cork

Portland, OR.

38 deg. partly cloudy, no wind.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 63F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph.

Both Jim and Linda spent some time getting me ready to meet Jeff yesterday morning. Jim had talked to him and knew that he would be here shortly after lunch.

One of the other things accomplished was to call Alternative Resources and have their mail sent here to the park for the next 3 weeks. Then he called a mobile RV repair service and made arrangements for someone to come out a look a a couple of issues that I've been having lately.

Yeah, I know, I didn't mention it, but if you look at some recent photos of me, you'll see that Jim has had some steps rigged up by my entrance door. If you remember, way back when we were in Bakersfield CA. my electric steps quit working. Well Jim found a bad connection, but evidently that wasn't the problem because they've quit working again. : (

Also, my main awning only works when it wants to. The problem is that if it's out, and it won't roll back up, (like it did a couple of times), we wouldn't be able to leave the CG, and worse yet, if it storms, Jim wouldn't be able to store it and it might get damaged.

Anyway, the repair guy is coming on Saturday morning to see if he can fix the problems.

About 1:00 Jeff rode up on his bicycle. After hugs, he came in and checked me out. It seemed like he really liked me and made some nice comments about me. : )

The afternoon was spent visiting and catching up on what has been going on lately. Then, about 5:30 CLT took Jim and Linda to an Irish pub called "County Cork" that is over near Jeff and Heather's house. After a short while, Jeff arrived and then a little later, Heather arrived after getting off work.

After hugs they had a great meal and great conversation with Jeff and Heather. Then, about 8:00 Jim and Linda came back here to the park. The rest of the evening was spent reading, doing puzzles and watching TV.

A really great day!!! I got to meet Jeff and Jim and Linda got to spend time with both Jeff and Heather. : )

What more could you ask for? ; )

Did you know that on this date in 1908 - The first Mother's Day observance took place during a church service in Grafton, West Virginia?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment