Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lincoln City to Garibaldi and The Eraser Again

Garibaldi, OR.

39 deg. clear, NE wind @ 5 mph.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 55F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph.


It was raining off and on yesterday morning, so Jim did the outside things, to get ready to travel, in between showers. We probably would have left a little earlier than we did, but some of the showers lasted for awhile. The way it was, we did manage to pull out of the park in Lincoln City at 10:05.

Then it was Northbound on US 101 again, through a couple of twisty-turny hilly sections, and to the Barview Jetty County Campground near Garibaldi. It rained off and on the whole distance, (52 miles), and it was right at 11:25 when we pulled up to the Registration Booth.

In fact it was raining as Jim registered me and continued for about another 1/2 hour after we arrived.

The first site that they assigned me had only 30 amps, so Jim took CLT up to the booth and asked them if we could have a different site. They gave me a site right across the street that has 50 amps at no additional charge.  : )

By the time I was backed into the new site, (#61), the rain had stopped and Jim was able to get me hooked up to the full hook-up utilities without even getting damp. ; )

Guess what? Jim has been using that big eraser of his again and changing plans. As you already know, our original plan was to go from here up to the Astoria area and stay at the Fort Stevens State Park this Monday and then head into Portland on Tuesday. Well after checking distances and CG rates, he and Linda have now decided to stay here until Tuesday and then go a little ways North on US 101, then catch US 26 and take that directly into Portland.

The rates are as low here as they would be at Ft. Stevens, and we will save about 55 or 60 miles. Plus, we'll only have one day traveling instead of two.

Hmmmm!!! Sounds like it may be a good change of plans. : )

I like this park. I have full hook-ups, I am in a nice long, level, back-in site, there are a few trees for shade, and so far, there haven't been a whole lot of RVs coming in for the weekend. 

Because of rain yesterday, Jim didn't take any photos, but I would imagine that he'll be out and about today snapping away with his PHD camera. If he takes some, I'll be sure to post them here in the next day or so.

A Point to Ponder : Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?




1 comment:

  1. There's supposed to be a great restaurant in Garibaldi--in the marina called "Pirates Cove". I took a ride up there from Tillamook after I heard about it, but it was closed the day I was there.

    There's a nice walk along the water and a great dock with a little building at the end. Here's some pictures of the marina and the pirates hanging on ropes as decorations. I'm was told the seafood is great. Here are some of my pictures when I was there if you care to take a gander.

    http://travelswithmrnimble.blogspot.com/search?q=Garibaldi

    I'm really sorry you're not going up to Astoria--I want to go back there so much I can taste it. Worth making another trip at another time. Fort Stevens is supposed to be incredible--It was full so I couldn't get a spot. Poor planning on my part.

    Thanks for the ride down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment