Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Tillamook Cheese Factory and Jetty Photos

Garibaldi, OR

48 deg.partly cloudy, no wind.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 54F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20%.


It was right at 11:00 when Jim and Linda took off in CLT and headed up to Tillamook to go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. I saw that factory when we came past there in Friday and knew Jim and Linda wanted to go there. It's only about 10 miles from here, so it didn't take CLT long to get there.

Every time Jim and Linda get to this area, they always stop here because the Cheese, butter and Ice Cream that they make here is very good.

CLT says that if you're going through this area and want to stop, there's a large parking area just to the South of the factory where people park their RVs to go into the factory.

If you have the time and the desire, they also have a self guided tour of the factory where you can walk along on "cat walks" up above the production area.

After returning and getting all the dairy products put away in my refrigerator/freezer, Jim took CLT and went back out to the Jetty to try to get some more photos. It was nice and bright out and the sun was shinning and I think they turned out pretty good.

These first photos were taken from the area where the Jetty connects with the mainland.

This one is looking out towards the ocean.

This second photo is looking across the inlet to the harbor towards the Jetty that protrudes into the ocean on the other side of the inlet.

From the Jetty looking back towards the mainland.

Looking off to the right. This is the sandy beach area I mentioned the other day.

This is from much farther down the beach looking towards the Coast. I don't know if you can see them, but there's quite a few people out there surf fishing.

Today, we'll head into Portland, where we'll stay for 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to meeting Jeff and Heather, but at the same time, I'm a little nervous about it.

I sure hope they like me.

Did you know that on this date in1794 - The United States Post Office was established?


1 comment:

  1. I really like the Oregon coast. One of these days I'll take that trip, but I'm stuck here in TX for now .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment