Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Garibaldi To Portland

Portland, OR.

48 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Mostly cloudy in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph.

It was 9:55 when we left the Barview Jetty CG yesterday morning. Once back on Northbound US-101 we followed it up to just North of Cannon Beach where we turned SE on US-26. 26 then brought us over to Portland, where we turned North on I-405. When 405 connected with I-5, we continued North on 5 until we came to the Marine Drive exit, which is just South of the Columbia River.

Just a little ways from that exit, Jim pulled me into the Jubitz Truck Stop to buy me a much needed drink of #2 diesel fuel. Much needed because the last drink that I had was when we were South of Crescent City, CA.!!!!!

Needless to say, I was very thirsty and it took almost 90 gallons of fuel to fill up my tank. :O

From the Truck Stop, it was less than a mile to the Columbia River RV Park where I'll be staying for the next 3 weeks.

It was 12:45 when we pulled up in front of the office, so it took us about 2 hours and 50 minutes to travel 112 miles and get my drink.

This is not an RV Park where I would normally like to stay at, but it's the closest one to Jeff and Heather's so it'll be just fine for the time we'll be here. It's a nice Park, but the sites are pretty close together and it's just a little too "manicured" to suit me.

I'm sure Jim will be taking some photos, and I'll be sure to post them here.

Today, Jeff is going to be coming out here to see me around noon. Heather is working today, so I'll have to wait for another day to meet her.

I don't know if I'm going to get this posted on Blogger or not. I've had problems getting it to work so I'm writing this on another program and will try to transfer it to Blogger from here.

Did you know that the nickname for Portland is "The City of Roses"?

1 comment:

  1. We are going up to Oregon the same way you are. it has been interesting seeing where you are staying.
    Enjoy your stay with Jeff and Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment