Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Lisbon to Kieler, WI

Kieler, WI.

73 deg. overcast, NE wind @ 10 mph

Forecast = Occasional showers and thunderstorms early in the morning...Then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the late morning and afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent. Highest heat index readings 95 to 100 in the afternoon.

By the time Jim got me pulled out of my site, had CLT hooked to the back of me and dumped my very full tanks, it was 9:55. A right turn out of the CG put us on WI 80, which took us to I-90 where we turned South and followed it to just South of Lake Delton. There, we turned off on US 12 and followed it down to Sauk City where we turned off of 12 and took WI 78 down to Mount Horeb.

Now, if any of you are planning on coming through this area, I strongly advise against taking WI 78!!!

It was one of the roughest roads I've been on in a long time, especially the southern part between Black Earth and Mount Horeb!!!

Form Mount Horeb, we took US 151 to the West and followed it here to the Rustic Barn Campground and RV Park in Kieler.

It was 12:35 when we pulled up in front of the barn, so it took us 2 hours and 40 minutes to travel 137 miles.

This CG is pretty nice. I have 50 Amp electric and water hook-ups at my pull-through site, there's supposed to be Wi Fi here, but I can't get connected to it, even though I have the password. They have quite a few pull-through sites that are long enough for me and CLT, and some of the sites are shaded.

Today, we'll head down to Moscow, IA and to the HWH factory where I have an appointment at 12:30. I have no idea how long I'll be there, it all depends on what they find wrong with my leaking jack.

Did you know that July is "National Doghouse Repairs Month"?

1 comment:

  1. We just caught up with your "catch up". So glad that Jim's a good driver and that you escaped a collision. Some people shouldn't be allowed on the highways, there should be some sort of "common sense" test to determine if "they" should be allowed to drive - maybe it's a good thing there isn't. I may not be allowed on the roads. Have a great day and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment