Saturday, July 28, 2012

Opening Ceremonies and Prairie Pines CG Photos

Rantoul, IL.

65 deg. clear, NW wind @ 5 mph.

Forecast = Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.


Did you watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games last night? I thought they were quite good, but not spectacular like the last ones from China.
Today I thought I'd post some photos from the Campground here in Rantoul.  As you can see, because of the lack of rain, the grass is almost completely brown.

In the photo below, this is the sign you see at the entrance of the Campground.


 The view as you turn into the CG.



As you enter the park, you'll see the bath house/laundry off to your right.



You'll need to stop and register when you come to this stop sign.



You'll register at this little office building off to your left. It's a small office that was built with donations and volunteers, but it sure is better than registering at a picnic table in the rain.

2 sites past the office on your left, you'll see me in my site.

As you can see, the sites are quite large and in this site, I have trees on the South side of me, so I'm mostly in the shade during the hottest part of the day.

I'll be posting more photos of the Campground from time to time while we're here.

Did you know that all athletes competed in the nude at the ancient Olympics?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment