Friday, July 1, 2011

Back To Rantoul

Rantoul, IL.

70 deg. cloudy, thunder in the distance, light SW wind.

Forecast = Hot and humid. Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Afternoon heat index readings 96 to 101.

First of all I want to thank all of you that left comments yesterday. I too am really happy that my starter problem seems to be finally repaired. I know that the last days haven't been too interesting, (with me either in a repair shop or waiting to get into one), and I really appreciate all of my followers and readers hanging in there with me during these trying times.

We left the Tin Cup CG about 8:30 yesterday morning and headed over to R & S, (about 3/4 mile). There, after asking Steve where he wanted me, Jim pulled me into one of the empty bays. As soon as I was up to the door, I saw the new furniture setting there. When my entrance door was right next to it, Jim stopped me and after clearing some boxes away inside of me, Justin and another man proceed to bring it inside.

The little legs had to come off of the recliner, and they took the legs off of the desk to make it easier, but the move was successful and now I have furniture in the space where the original couch was removed.

In about an hour, all the furniture was loaded, and by about 9:35 we were on our way.

It was just 10 minutes after 10 when we pulled into the Prairie Pines CG here in Rantoul and it was sure good to see that site #5 was empty and waiting for me. After making sure that site #5 was where Louise wanted me, Jim drove me around and pulled me into the site.

I can sure understand why Jim and Linda like this park so much. After spending those nights in R & S's shop and the others at the Tin Cup, (with only about 8 feet of grass between you and the next RV), these very large sites with lots of grass and trees, are really nice. ;  ) 

Oh, and Paul even worked on my site, while I was gone, to try to get it more level than it was, because he knew that I had some problems getting level when we were here last time.

Are Paul and Louise great camp host, or what?

About noon, Jim and Linda took CLT and headed down to Champaign to a Menards store. There, they bought some brackets to secure the desk and file cabinet to my wall, a small fire safe to keep their important papers in, some coat hooks and a small towel bar to install in me to hang stuff up on.

The rest of the afternoon was spent securing the desk, and file cabinet to my wall, securing the desktop computer to the desk and then running all the wires to the monitor, keyboard, printer and surge suppressor.

Oh, and Jim did get the little towel bar installed for Linda too. ; )

Today, if they can, they want to try to get some of the boxes out of the storage room over at the bathhouse, (Paul and Louise will be very busy with this being the holiday weekend), bring them over here and start getting some of that stuff put away inside of me. Of course the main thing Jim and Linda want to get done is to get me ready to leave here next week to head up to the reunion.

Well, I'd better quit jabbering for now, this is getting pretty long. I'm sure that Jim will be taking some pictures of the new furniture soon, and I'll post them just a soon as he does.

Again, thanks for following along and sticking with me during these difficult times. You don't know how much it means.

Did you know that July 4th was not a federal legal holiday until 1941?

1 comment:

  1. We know your new at this and need lots of support. Ma and Pa have been friends of J & L for almost all of their full time life and I was new in 2002 and redone in 2004. I can't wait to meet you. I know we will have a lot of fun. Hang in there J & L are fantastic to be with.

    Big Herb


Please leave a Comment