Monday, July 11, 2011

Reunion Day 3 and Meeting Family

Lake Delton, WI.

68 deg. rain, NW wind @ 5 mph.

Forecast = Occasional showers and thunderstorms early in the morning...then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the late morning and afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent. Highest heat index readings 95 to 100.

We had quite a strong t-storm go thought here in the middle of the night. Didn't seem to be too much wind with it, but sure had a lot of thunder, lightning and rain.

I was really surprised when a strange car pulled up in front of me yesterday afternoon and Jim, Linda and three other women got out of the car. Yep, it was Laura, Ashley and Anna and Jim and Linda had brought them out here to the CG to meet me. ; )  I had never met them before and I was really glad that they wanted to come out here to see me. They were here for a couple hours and I think they really liked me. I'm looking forward to seeing them again later this year.

Jim and Linda said that Laura and the girls had arrived at the Lodge around noon and had a good trip up from Illinois. They had come to Illinois from Florida by plane and landed in Chicago so that they could see Laura's father and then borrow his car to come up here.

Today will be a busy day at the reunion. Everyone is there now and Laura, Ashley and Anna are going to help Linda make a dinner for everyone tonight.

Jim has taken a few pictures but hasn't transferred them to the computer yet. Don't worry though, I'll get them on here real soon so you and I can see the rest of the family.

Hmmm! I wonder if anyone else will be coming out here to the CG to meet me?

Did you know that Devil's Lake, (which is about 15 miles South of here), was established in 1911? The facility has become one of Wisconsin's oldest and most famous state parks. It leads the state parks in attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment