Monday, July 18, 2011

Tower CG Photos, A Very Warm Day and Plans For Today

Sioux Falls, SD.

79 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Sunny. Highs around 96. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Heat index readings 110 to 115 in the afternoon.


It has been really warm here in Sioux Falls. Yesterday the thermometer that Jim has on my North side was showing 93 degrees for a while in the afternoon and today the forecasters are saying that it's going to be even warmer. : (

Jim went out early yesterday morning and hooked me up to the water and sewer, (it was just too hot to do when we got here Saturday afternoon), and took some pictures of the campground and my site.

This first one is of the sign that you see out by the road.

This is the view that you have when you pull into the park

A little farther down that same road is my site. As you can see, I've got a nice shady corner site. (great with this hot weather),

This is a view of my site form across the street. As you can see, there's a nice cement patio with a picnic table and plenty of room to park CLT in front of me.

In this view, you are looking from in front of me back towards the entrance of the park.

The park seems very well maintained and I have yet to see a junky looking RV, park model, or mobile home. 

Oh, and just as a side note, the 50 Amp electric seems to be very good here in this section of the park. Everyone, and I mean everyone was running their air conditioners yesterday and I never had low voltage.

Today, Jim and Linda need to go Alternative Resources to pick up their mail. My registration for South Dakota should be there too. I've been running on a temporary permit from Illinois up to now, but it expired yesterday. Then, either today or tomorrow, he and Linda will need to find a grocery store to pick up a few items, like bread and milk.

Other than that, I doubt if they'll be doing much. Just too hot!

Oh, Jim also needs to call the Cummins / Onan shop here in Sioux Falls to try to get and appointment for me to go in to find out why my generator is leaking diesel fuel.  The leak was found when I was at the Truck repair place in Illinois that fixed my starter problem. The mechanic there tightened some fittings that he thought were leaking, but it must be something else.

Did you know that the word Sioux is Ojibwe for "little snake" or "enemy?"


a

1 comment:

  1. Yep. It's too hot to do much of anything. That's a nice looking CG there to do your running around. Stay safe.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment