Thursday, November 24, 2011

Guess What? and Happy Thanksgiving

DeBary, FL.

57 deg., clear, no wind.

Forecast = Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.


Guess what???? The parts for my Aqua Hot furnace came in by UPS about 10:15 and Dan started to reassemble the furnace right away. Everything went together without a hitch and by about 12:30 the furnace was running and Jim was hooking CLT up to the back of me.

Now, Dan would normally have gone to lunch at noon, but because he knew that Jim wanted to get me through Orlando before the traffic became too heavy, he delayed going to lunch until he had me repaired.

Thanks Dan! : )

So, by 1:00 the bill was paid, and we were heading towards a gas station near there to get me a nice drink of #2 diesel fuel. : )  Then it was a short drive back to I-4 where we turned NE and headed for DeBary.

Just before we got to Orlando, there was an accident in the left lane which caused us some delay, but once past that, the traffic moved pretty smoothly all the way through the city. By 2:40 I was pulling up in front of the office here at the Highbanks Marina and Camp Resort.

Actually, even though we stopped for my drink and got delayed for the accident, it only took us 1 hour and 40 minutes to travel the 75 miles up here.

Once here, I sat out in front of the office while Jerry, (the park manager), took Jim around the park to look for a site that was nice and that I could fit into. They finally found a site but a low hanging tree branch had to be trimmed before Jim could back me in. Once that was trimmed, Jim backed me in and now I'm settled into site #198 which is just a short way past the Clubhouse.

So, this is where I'll be for the next 2 months. I think I'm going to like it here. Already, many of the neighbors have come over and welcomed me into the park. ; )

Seems like really nice people here. : )

Oh and by the way. . . . . I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I hope all of you have a great day. : )

Did you know that the first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days?

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything went as planned and Jim and Linda will be able to have Thanksgiving with family. Also glad you all fixed, in a good campsite and settled in for the next 2 months and will be able to rest up before your long trip west.
    BH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that the parts came and everything went back together fine. Great customer service from your tech, so rare these days.

    Enjoy your stay and get lots of "rest"! ;c)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment