Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Joe and Nancy Come For A Visit

Virginia Beach, VA.

44 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.

It was a pretty day yesterday, but kind of cool, especially with the wind blowing fairly hard.

I forgot to mention it in yesterday's post, but plans had been made for Joe and Nancy to come out here to the park to see me yesterday evening. So. . . . Jim and Linda spent some of the day getting me presentable so that I'd make a good first impression. ; )  They must have succeeded because by their reaction when they came inside of me, they seemed pretty impressed. : )

After they looked around inside of me, Jim and Joe went outside and Jim showed him my basement compartments, engine and other things that guys like to look at. Then, they came inside and everyone sat down for a pot roast dinner that Linda had put together in her crock pot, (that had been smelling oh so good for most of the afternoon).

After the meal, everyone sat around and talked for while, but all too soon, it was time for Joe and Nancy to head home.

It sure was good to meet them. Their daughters, Sami and Amber, couldn't come yesterday, but I understand that they may stop by later this week to see me. I sure hope so, I really want to meet them.

Did you know that the average elevation of Virginia Beach is only 12' above sea level?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment