Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Good Decision?

Virginia Beach, VA.

66 deg. overcast, W. wind @ 10 mph.

Forecast = Overcast with a chance of rain, then rain in the afternoon. High of 70F. Windy. Winds from the NE at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Well, it's done.

"What's been done", you ask?

Yesterday, the decision was made for us to stay here in Virginia Beach even though they're forecasting some really nasty weather for this area. Was it a smart decision? Well, I guess time will tell. As I'm posting this, it looks like the main part of the storm, (now Tropical Storm Sandy) is going to pass to the North of us, but Mother Nature has a way of changing her mind.

Many people here at the park don't seem too concerned about the storm. In fact, there were quite a few RV coming into the park yesterday, and many, many RVers have put out all kinds of Halloween decorations!!! If we have any kind of wind at all, I really don't see how those decorations will survive!!

If we have much of a storm here at all, I don't imagine that I'll be posting on this blog. My Internet signal is already real flakey and I'm sure it will get worse as the weather deteriorates.

I'll post when I can.

Did you know that the word hurricane comes from the Taino Native American word, hurucane, meaning evil spirit of the wind?


  1. I'm always interested in the weather in Virginia Beach, because that's where my two great grandsons live with their Mom. I sure hope that Sandy doesn't change stays out in the ocean.


Please leave a Comment