Friday, October 12, 2012

Reservations, Groceries and Dillon's Birthday

Moncure, NC

38 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast = Clear. High of 70F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.


Did you happen to notice the temperature posted this morning for Moncure? Yep!! 38 degrees!! You know what that means??? It's time to start heading to a warmer area of the country!!!!

I'm hoping that it'll be a little warmer in Virginia Beach, when we head over there on Wednesday, since it's right on the coast.

Jim and Linda didn't go get groceries Wednesday so I really didn't have anything to write about. They did go to Mike and Gina's for dinner though and did enjoy an very nice pork roast meal. The only other thing that I could possibly have written about was Jim dumping my tanks, and who wants to read about that?

Oh!! I almost forgot!!! Jim called the RV Park that we stay at down in Florida and made reservations for me to arrive there on the 14th of November. But,  ,  ,  ,  I also heard him ask the lady if it would be OK if we came in a week earlier than that if we could get down there sooner.

From what I heard Jim tell Linda, the lady said that it should be OK, but to be sure to call as soon as possible to let them know if we were wanting to come in early.

Hmmmm!!! I wonder what Jim has in mind now????

.Yesterday, Jim and Linda did finally go to the Food Lion Grocery store down in Sanford, and I couldn't believe how many groceries they bought!! I was sure that they wouldn't be able to get everything put away in my cabinets and refrigerator, but they did!! : ) Then after resting up a little, (Jim took a nap), they headed over to Mike and Gina's for another nice meal and more visiting.

Today is Dillon's Birthday, (he's 5 years old today), and Mike and Gina have a party planned for him, (and 16 of his friends and classmates), tonight at one of those places where the kids bounce and play on different  things. There's also going to be pizza served for the kids and I'm sure he'll have a great time. ; )

Jim and Linda have decided not to go though, as both Mike and Gina said it would probably be pretty wild with all those screaming kids running around and playing.

So, instead, Mike is planning on bringing Dillon out here to the Campground tomorrow!!  : ) Dillon has been asking questions about me, so Jim and Linda don't think he really remembers me too well from last year. This'll also be an opportunity for Jim and Linda to give him the birthday present they bought.

The plan for today is to get me cleaned up inside and go through some more of those photo albums to find pictures of family members. There's still one more box of albums at Mike's and he's going to be bringing it out here tomorrow. That means that Jim and Linda will need to be finished looking at these albums so he can take them back home with him.

Did you know that on this date in 1920, construction of the Holland Tunnel began? It opened on November 13, 1927. The tunnel links Jersey City, NJ and New York City, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment