Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Finally Finished, Internet, Hugs and Ready

Moncure, NC

42 deg. clear, no wind.

Forecast  = Overcast. High of 68F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.


Jim and Linda finally finished going through all those albums yesterday, to get photos and information for Linda to use in her Family Tree program. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it because they found photos and information of both of their ancestors and relatives. Now, some of the photos will have to be enhanced as much as possible, and others will need to be cropped, but all of that can be done at any time, even without Internet access.

Speaking of Internet access, Yesterday, I was looking back at this blog from about a year ago, and I found the posts from the time that we were in Virginia Beach. Well, unless things have changed, it looks like I won't have much of an Internet signal. : (  I did post a few times, but it sounds like much of the time I wasn't even able to connect. : (

So,  ,   ,  ,  for the next 2 weeks, while we're in Virginia Beach, you may not hear too much from me. I'll be sure to post when I can though.

Yesterday afternoon, Jim finished getting me ready to travel. You know, dumped my tanks and added some water to my fresh water tank, secured everything in my basement storage compartments, rolled up all my awnings, and put away all the hoses.

About 5:00 Jim and Linda took CLT and headed over to Mike and Gina's. After eating, they visited for awhile, and then all too soon, it was time to say good-bye. : (  So,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  after hugs, CLT brought them back here to the park, one last time.

After they returned, Jim and Linda were both talking about how great it was to see Mike, Gina, and the grand-kids again. Hopefully we'll be coming back through this way again in the spring.

Today, the plan is to leave here about 9:00 this morning because it's about 235 miles over there and we'll have to stop someplace along the way to get me a drink of that good old #2 diesel fuel.

Jim and I are both thinking that it'll take the best part of 5 hours to make the trip.

Did you know that the oldest town in the North Carolina is Bath, incorporated in 1705?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment