Virginia Beach, VA.
About 12:15 on Saturday, it started to rain. Not hard, but a steady drizzle at first. Then as the day wore on, it rained harder at times and towards evening, the wind picked up noticeably.
Many of the RVs here in the park left in the morning and some left in the afternoon after it started raining. There's still quite a few of us here though and I doubt if very many more will attempt to leave before the storm is over.
Right after dinner, Saturday evening, Jim pulled in my slides as my awning toppers were already starting to make some noise and the forecast was for the winds to pick up overnight.
As I write this, (Sunday morning at about 6 AM), it's 60 degrees outside, the wind is blowing out of the North at about 15 mph with gusts around 30 mph. It's raining, but not real heavy at this time.
This is the forecast for today. (Sunday) Overcast with rain. High of 64F. Windy. Winds from the NNE at 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
This is the forecast for tonight. (Sunday Night) Overcast with rain. Low of 52F. Windy. Winds from the West at 40 to 45 mph with gusts to 65 mph.
As of right now, the storm is about 395 miles East of Charleston and 260 miles SSE of Cape Hatteras and is traveling NE at about 15 mph. The problem is that it's such a large storm that the hurricane force winds extend around 105 miles from the center of the storm and tropical force wind extend out as much as 520 miles from the center.
As I've still got an Internet signal right now, I've decided to go ahead and post this. Don't know when my next post will be, but will post when I can.